Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Christmas Favorites

Every year after Thanksgiving passes I go into hating the holiday season mode. The consumerism overwhelms me and I become depressed about the commercial nature of the season that has overshadowed the birth of Jesus. I avoid malls and Christmas music. Then at some point every year in Dec there is a shift for me and I love the holidays again. I am still saddened by how material things become obsessive but I allow the bitterness to subdue to enjoy the holidays for what they are. Here are some of my favorite Christmas things

· Favorite Movie: Elf

Favorite Elf quotes

o “Son of a Nutcracker”

o “I love you, I Love You, I LOVE YOU!”

o “I just like smiling, smiling’s my favorite.”

· Favorite Candy: Andies

· Favorite Family tradition: Opening the boxes every day in Dec until Christmas

· Favorite gift received- Mini handheld TV as a kid. It was so small and so hard to get any channels. I don’t know why I wanted it so much but I did.

· Favorite gift given- So last year I tried to be creative and kingdom focused with my sister’s gift. I got her a punch of little rubber duckies which I wrapped up individually. So as she was opening them, she’s like why are you giving me this? Then the last present was from World Vision. I bought a duck that would be given to a needy family in her name. Get it?

· Kids Christmas Song: Must be Santa by Raffi

· Classic Christmas Song: 12 days of Christmas

· Jesus” Christmas Song: Go Tell it on the Mountain

· Modern Christmas Song: Merry Christmas Happy Holidays by Nsync

· New Discovery Christmas song: Donde esta Santa Claus?

· (Ok so I like a lot of songs. As Buddy says, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is sings loud for all to hear)

· Favorite part of the Nativity story: Joseph’s conversation with the angel.

· Character in the Nativity: Sheppards, no no I mean Jesus, yeah.

What are your Christmas favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment