Sunday, January 5, 2014

Standing on the Promises of God in 2014

The above image is by my friend Juliano that I feel like captures how I have been feeling recently.

Our bible study was talking about what promises God makes to us that we can hold onto in this new year. I thought I would write down some that came up for me. I hope to be able to hold onto these promises throughout the year.

"I will never leave you or forsake you." -Joshua 1:5

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified and do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." -Joshua 1:9

"See, I am doing a new thing. Now it springs up, do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." -Isaiah 43:19

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name, you are mine." -Isaiah 43:1

"Because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is your faithfulness" -Lamentations 3:22-23

"...being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of his holy people in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves." Colossians 1:11-13

From the song Standing on the Promises:
Standing on the promises that cannot fail
When the howling storms of doubt and fear assail
By the living Word of God I shall prevail
Standing on the promises of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment