Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kids Songs!!


Its no secret that I absolutely love little kids songs. I always have. What most people find repetitive and annoying, I can't get enough of. Now that I work with kindergardeners I can sing these glorious songs once again with a chorus of energetic 5 year olds. I have found with my kinders that songs really help them to focus and stay on task. When singing songs children are engaged with multiple senses: auditory (hearing me sing), visually (seeing my hand motions), and kinesthetically (by doing the motions themselves.) I mainly do song during transitions or to kill time when I need them to sit or stand still. Songs catch their attention especially if I use their name is a song. Everyday, usually several times a time, I sing, "I like Lauren is waiting, and I like the way that Sam is waiting, I like the way that Noah is waiting, and I like the way, Elijah's waiting too." The tune is similar to the 'Wheels on the Bus.' When they are cleaning up their homework I sing to them, "Put your homework in your folder, put your folder in your backpack, put your backpack outside." (To my own tune.)

When researching engaging children's song I came across these guys on You tube that posted tons and tons of camp songs!! I seriously prob have spent hours watching these videos. Partly for research to use for my kids, but mainly because I just love kids songs. The video is one song my kids really love. Baby Shark!

PS Guys singing kids songs is very attractive, I'm just saying

No comments:

Post a Comment