Saturday, February 26, 2011

Stair Hiking

I was introduced to “Stair Hiking” by some friends at church this past weekend. When this was explained to me I really didn’t get it, so hopefully as I try explain it the pictures will help. There are all of these really old staircases that connect streets in LA that are on hills. This guy wrote a book about all these different paths you can take to explore LA and climb these stair cases. There are 42 hikes. We did one in Silverlake.

I really enjoyed this little LA adventure for many reason.

1) Praise the Lord for being able to get out of the house! I am working somewhat part time and often feel confined to my apt. It was good to have new surroundings.

2) I was actually excited to something active. I know, I know, I’m Miss Anti-Exercise, but I do enjoy the outdoors. This adventure was proposed to me as a “hike” but it actually was pretty easy. I am still going to count it as “exercise” because that is how it was presented to me.

3) Seeing new parts of LA. I haven’t had much opportunity to explore the city or really know how to explore it, so I am grateful for other people who know about these little out of the ordinary things to do.

4) It was free!

Awesome way to spend Presidents Day. Great people, outdoors, exploring the city, and free. I can’t ask for much more in an outing.

We hope to do more of these secret stair hikes.


View of houses in Silverlake
There is some really cool architecture in Silverlake. This was a elevator that led up to a walkway. We couldn't even see the house that it led to. I think that was the point.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, my friends just went stair hiking in Silverlake. Is this a new thing now?

    ReplyDelete