Saturday, March 5, 2011

Tales of Target

I love Target! I always have. The experience is relaxing and restful for me. (Except during the Christmas season). I could just walk around even if I have nothing to buy. Not like Walmart. I hate Walmart. I could write a whole other blog post about why I hate Walmart. I never shop at Walmart. But Target is amazing.

Things I love about Target:

· Wide isles

· Relaxing colors

· Usually not overly crowded, or at least it usually doesn’t seem that way

· Dollar spot

· Easy to find where thing are

· Most target have the same set up, so when I got into a new target usually I can easily find things

· I always find cool things there

· 5 dollar movies deals (dangerous though). DVD section is a huge temptation for me.

Today I was in Target and overheard some interesting conversations. Here are some one liners I caught as I was strolling about

Dad talking to his two little kids, “Well soon you’ll be 6 and that is just off the hook. I mean 6 is amazing.”

Guy on his phone, “You know, I’m really all familied out.”

Mom talking to her teenage daughter, “Now these have chemical. They have been animal tested…..”

The most interesting thing I overheard today was this women going up to parents trying to recruit their kids for a talent agency. I saw her walking around target talking to at least 3 different moms about how cute their kids were and how they were perfect for acting or modeling or something like that. What surprised me the most was how engaged these moms were. If I was a parent, I would think it was super sketch and be really skeptical. But she was having long conversation with all these moms. I got to give this lady props for her selling skills though. I wonder if it’s legal to come up to people inside target and recruit for a talent agency.

PS the picture is of my sister and me while filming part of a music video in Target. Great place to film a music video fyi.

No comments:

Post a Comment