Sunday, June 19, 2011

Missing the Island

So far since moving to LA, I have not felt too many InterVarsity withdrawals with each passing event that I usually look forward to. I was surprised that how easily I was able to transition out of it. But this week has been particularly hard. This week was when UCI InterVarsity went to Catalina Island for the annual Summer Conference. This is my absolutely most favorite thing in the entire world about InterVarsity. It’s what I usually look forward to all year. Anyone who knows me well knows that I absolutely love Love LOVE Mark study. Being apart of Mark study are my most fond memories as a student. Teaching Mark was the best thing that I did as an intern. I love Mark study because you get to see all these connections in the bible that you don’t get just studying little sections here and there. You get to see the word God come to life. You get to study it deeply for yourself and draw your own conclusion from the text. My mind is blown by the character of Jesus every time that I go through it. I love the island because it’s a week away from technology and responsibilities and media. I love being with other people who are also digging into the word and really taking it seriously. I love the food, kayaking and hiking, and staying up late playing mafia, or screwy louie. This was my first year in 6 years that I have not attended Summer Con. Oh I wished that I was on the island this week. But I am thankful for the memories God has given me there and the ways he has transformed my life with him through his word. I can’t wait to hear what God did on the island this year for the UCI students.

Mark 1 2005
Mark 2 2006
Genesis 2007 (Our 12 days of creation song)
Mark 1 2008
Mark 2 2009 (Our shake it out warm up)
Mark 2 2010 (Dumb disciples)

No comments:

Post a Comment