Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Show Goes On

Some people say that music today is only about sex and partying. But every once in a while you do find a song that has a good message. I found this song, minus some bad language, to be a really good message. It inspires me as a teacher to inspire the youth of Los Angeles.

[Chorus]

All right, I'm ready

The show goes on

All night, till the morning

We dream so long

Anybody ever wonder

When they would see the sun go

Just remember when you come up

The show goes on

[Verse 1]

Have you ever had the feeling that you was being had?

Don't that sh*** there make you mad? They treat you like a slave

Put chains all on your soul and put whips up on your back

They be lying through they teeth, hope you slip up off your path

I don't switch up, I just laugh, put my kicks up on they desk

Unaffected by they threats, then get busy on they a**

See, that's how that Chi-town made me, that's how my daddy raised me

That glittering may not be gold, don't let nobody play me

If you are my homeboy, you'll never have to pay me

Go and put your hands up, when times is hard, you stand up

L-U-P the man because, the brand that the fans trust

So even if they ban us, they'll never slow my plans up

[Chorus] X2

[Verse 2]

One in the air for the people ain't here

Two in the air for the father that's there

Three in the air for the kids in the ghetto

Four for the kids that don't want to be there

None for the n**** trying hold them back

Five in the air for the teachers not scared

To tell those kids that's living in the ghetto

That the n**** holding back that the world is theirs

Yeah, yeah, the world is yours, I was once that little boy

Terrified of the world, now I'm on a world tour

I will give up everything, even start a world war

For these ghetto girls and boys I'm rapping around the world for

Africa to New York, Haiti, then I detour

Oakland out to Auckland, Gaza Strip to Detroit

Say hip-hop only destroy, tell them look at me boy

I hope your son don't have a gun and never be a D-boy

[Chorus] X2

[Verse 3]

So no matter what you been through, no matter what you into

No matter what you see when you look outside your window

Brown grass or green grass, picket fence or barbed wire

Never ever put them down, you just lift your arms higher

Raise them till your arms tired, let them know you here

That you struggling, surviving, that you going to persevere

Ain't nobody leaving, nobody going home

Even if they turn the lights out, the show is going on

[Chorus] X2

No comments:

Post a Comment