Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Review





At the beginning of the year I set some things that I would hope would happen in this past year. Not resolutions, but hopes for the year. Here is how those things went.

-Have a stable job(s) doing something I love with kids-Success! I have 2 stable jobs both working with kids. Hooray!!!

-Aprendo mas espanol- Fail. If anything, I think my Spanish has gotten worse.

-Get to know my neighbors- Eh, not great progress here. Maybe I know them a little better but not what I was hoping for.

-Visit my nephew several times-I think this was a success. I saw him several times throughout the year.

-Date- I went one one date a few months ago! I call that a success. Hopefully there will be more dating this next year.

-Get to know more people at the church I attend/get involved-Success. I feel very connected to the small group. I volunteer in the nursery, I lead Sunday morning prayer, and I joined the intercessors prayer team.

-Make fasting more of a routine in my life- Complete fail. I don't think I fasted at all, maybe once after our church's fasting season.

-Continue to learn how to cook more-I would call this a success. Not that I am a great cook, but I have widened my range of what I can cook.

-See more plays- Complete fail. I haven't seen any plays :(

-Learn more of how to care for the poor in LA- Ongoing learning process. Its hard to gauge success and failure in this.


I will probably make another list of hopes for this coming year in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment