Thursday, April 12, 2012

Instant Healing



I like to write down the moments where I can not deny that God loves me, he hears my prayers, or something miraculous happens. I need to remember them in times where I feel like God is absent and nothing is going right. I hope they are also an encouragement to others.

On Tuesday morning I was having some stomach pain as I was getting ready for work. I usually can push through a lot illness and still go to work: cold, headache, etc. But stomach pain is one of those things I can't easily push through. I really didn't want to call out, needing to make money this month especially. I still felt sick as I drove to my first job. I prayed in my car for God to ease the pain but had pretty much resigned myself that this was just going to be a hard day. When I clocked in I still was not feeling great and needed to sit down. Then the bell rang for the kids to go to class. Instantly the pain was gone. I walked to my first classroom and I was like, "Wow, I feel completely better." Usually when I have this pain, it gradually fades out throughout the day. But this time it was instant, bell rang, pain gone. And I knew that it wasn't going to come back. The timing of it was too perfect, that it could only have been the Lord healing me. And the pain didn't come back all day.

At the end of the day, I left my second job smiling, thinking about something funny one of my students had said earlier. That rarely happens as well.

Jesus, thank you for healing me, seeing me, and showing me your love this week. May I remember your goodness to me when things are hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment