Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Starting a blog














I have thought for a while about starting a blog. I had one back in college, in the days of xanga, which I guess is not cool anymore, I’m not really sure. I rarely wrote in it and when I did write, most of it seemed meaningless. I don’t know if anyone really read it. So with that experience, I have always thought it’s not worth it to start another. I will run out of things to talk about. It won’t be interesting or funny. No one will read it. But since I have moved to LA I felt that there is a lot to reflect about in my transition and much that I want to record about my experiences here. Although nothing crazy has happened, I want to record the lessons I have learned in moving here. But first I have to let go of what this blog will not be about. This blog will not be about getting virtual attention from others through people’s comments. I must admit I am prone to that on facebook. This blog is not about trying to be funny or super insightful. It’s more about my own reflections for myself as I think about what I am learning here. So then I thought, if it’s just for me, then why don’t I just write it in a journal, why put it online in a blog? However, I think a lot of my family and friends are still unclear why I moved to LA and what I am really trying to do in living here. I thought people might be interested in what I am learning. I also thought putting it online would force to reflect often and really be able to articulate what I am learning in the city. I think when I journal I kind of just ramble and don’t fully formulate my thoughts. It’s my little accountability for myself. So this is why I have decided to start a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment