Sunday, March 25, 2012

Hunger Games Midnight Showing!!

I am not a reader. I just don't enjoy reading for the most part. I wish I did, I really do. I know there is some great learning out there that I am missing out on by not reading more. But reading puts me to sleep most of the time. On the rare occasion I find a book that actually keeps my attention, and one the rare rare rare occasion I find a book that I can't put down. The Hunger Games was one of the books that I could not put down. I know its the most sophisticated of writing, but it was very entertaining, any even thought provoking at times. And although it can be a stretch, my roommate and I have found metaphors to the gospel in it. One of my favorite things is the Lord speaking to me through secular media.

I have been looking forward to the movie coming out for a while now. I have never been to aMidnight Showing. I don't think there has ever been a movie that seemed worth it to go see at midnight... until the Hunger Games. My friends and I dressed up in costume. I was Buttercup, Prim's Cat. You would only know the character if you read the books. Since not many people were dressed up, the news photographers were taking tons of pictures of my friends who had pretty elaborate costumes. There were on some online newspapers the next day. Overall, it was great first Midnight Showing experience. I won't talk about what I thought of the movie for those who have not seen it yet.
Buttercup and Katniss
Buttercup and Lamb Stew sponsor gift
Cornucopia
Effie helping Katniss get ready

Katniss honoring Rue after her death

No comments:

Post a Comment